Sunday 3 May 2009

Kate Moross



www.katemoross.com

Kate Moross is a 22 year old designer based in London. She describes herself as an illustrator and a graphic designer but hates narrowing herself down to a specific field.

I came across Kate's work whilst browsing through my Computer Arts magazines and seen her work pop in a few different issues so decided to look more into her work. Her unique style has also seen her work being used for the Ford, Zune Originals and the album work for the singer La Roux and the band Simian Mobile Disco.

I decided to talk about Kate in my blog because I felt her wide range of skills are similar to the various area's of design that we have used whilst on the degree course. Kate is mainly a print based designer working on logo's, CD Covers, Flyers, T Shirts and typography but has also worked with moving image with video and idents.

I think by looking at Kate's work has shown me that having a large range of skills can be really useful when looking for a career in design whether it be for a design studio or being a freelance designer.

In the future I see myself being drawn into the motion graphics side of design because this is the area of design I am really interested in pursuing a career but having a wide range of skills can help me add other aspects of design into my work.

No comments: